Enjoy the adventure of finding self-acceptance and courage in the animated comedy Ron’s Gone Wrong voiced by Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms, Justice Smith and Olivia Colman.
Ron’s Gone Wrong Is hitting the shelves just in time for the holidays. Cozy up this winter, and witness the crazy adventures between a B*Bot and his human best friend, as they discover self-acceptance and courage along the way in 20th Century Studios and Locksmith Animation’s Ron’s Gone Wrong.
When asked how the story came about, writer Peter Baynham, explained, “For me, it sounds ridiculous for an animated movie, but actually the idea of it came to me when I saw Her, the Spike Jonze film, and I thought, I’ve got to make a movie like that for my three-year-old. Who is sitting there immersed in her iPad, believing every single thing that she’s reading or hearing on it, including which is the best fabric softener, etc.
MOVIEWEB VIDEO OF THE DAY
“And, for me, I don’t know why people make movies for grownups, right? Who do we really care most about in our lives? It’s our children and our families. And I, as a filmmaker, want to make movies that I can watch with my kids. That is proper ‘movie’ movies, with ideas that are sophisticated, something for us to talk about and obviously hilarious.”
Things go hilariously awry when Barney, a socially awkward middle-schooler, receives a malfunctioning, digitally connected device that’s supposed to be his “best friend out of the box.” In this action-packed animated story set against the backdrop of the social media age, a boy and his robot discover the wonderful messiness of true friendship.
The cast includes, Jack Dylan Grazer as Barney Pudowski, Zach Galifianakis as Ron, Olivia Colman as Donka Pudowski, Ed Helms as Graham Pudowski, Justice Smith as Marc Wydell , Rob Delaney as Andrew Morris, Kylie Cantrall as Savannah Meades, Marcus Scribner as Alex, Ricardo Hurtado as Rich and Thomas Barbusca as Jayden.
Ron’s Gone Wrong was directed by Sarah Smith and Jean-Philippe Vine and co-directed by Octavio E. Rodriguez. The screenplay was written by Sarah Smith and Peter Baynham, music by Henry Jackman and executive-provides by Sarah Smith, Peter Baynham and Elisabeth Murdoch.
- Bonus Features*
- A Boy and His B*Bot: When Jack Met Zach – Zach Galifianakis and Jack Dylan Grazer, the voices behind Ron and Barney, sit down to chat about a fun assortment of topics. From social media to skateboarding, the two actors from two very different generations tell us all about when Jack met Zach.
- Making Ron Right – Join cast and crew behind the scenes as they reveal the skill, dedication and friendship it took to bring this film to life. From writing the script to the voice-over booth, Locksmith’s artisans detail how they made Ron right.
- “Sunshine” Music Video – Song from the motion picture Ron’s Gone Wrong, performed by Liam Payne.
- Credits: Cast
- Jack Dylan Grazer as Barney Pudowski
- Zach Galifianakis as Ron
- Olivia Colman as Donka Pudowski
- Ed Helms as Graham Pudowski
- Justice Smith as Marc Wydell
- Rob Delaney as Andrew Morris
- Kylie Cantrall as Savannah Meades
- Marcus Scribner as Alex
- Ricardo Hurtado as Rich
- Thomas Barbusca as Jayden
Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, Ron’s Gone Wrong from 20th Century Studios and Locksmith Animation arrives just in time for the holidays on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD December 7 and Digital December 15.
Ben Affleck’s comments about ex-wife Jennifer Garner in a new interview have many on the internet crying foul.
About The Author Brandy Lynn Sebren (493 Articles Published)
I’m the one that speaks in random movie dialogue. I almost always miss contact on high-fives. For years, I have been writing, speaking at length, and thanking the gods that my shocking encyclopedic knowledge of music, film and TV has proven valuable. Most commonly asked question? “Why do you know that?”